Sunday, July 5, 2009

Donell Proper's Japanese Homestay Diary

June 28
Today was pretty good. But i drunk something tht taisted and looked like cigarette ash juice lol (update......it was tea. Wtf? Nasty as hell but i got used to it). The noodles were rly good tho. But The coolest part was that they were listening to will smith krsone and a tribe called quest when i got back from the bonzai musiem. And our guide at the musium was german....europeans are dope lol. Going to harajuku in a bit.

Lots of weird but fine japanese girls. Few european and american looking women too. Its really crowded. Lots of places have upstairs and downstars. Subway had two floors. And damn Shit is expencive here. Hella stuff is like bbc/bape price in the states. Also the cell phones are a wee bit on the bulky side. But the screens are HUGE and they can do alot. The bape store was amazing. So were swagger and phonominon but they were really ecpensive. Soooo ahead of their time. The store was set up like a studio in some places. Oh and the bbc/icecream store was dope too. It wasreally small. The dressing room and stock room in the bbc store were uber 2035. Hidden fuckin doors! Also on TAKESHITI (i think that was what it was called) street (right off subway, before harajuku st.) there was another black dude.....burnt black lol. Anyway he was tryna hustle some evisu shorts. Not my style but i cant knock the hustle lol.

However on the train back. A couple was laughing at something. I hate not knowing if people are laughing at me or not. It really gets too me. "it grinds my gears" per say. And......umm it was really really cold and rainy. Which brings be to the topic of stores. Japan has umvrella bags or umbrella holders at the front of each store. Which is amazing...oh and i WILL buy a nissan cube. I go to Yuto's school tomorrow...muy muy muy nervouso. Oh one more thing the guy who checked me out in the bbc icecream store had rockin jellybean tattoos and wealth is of the mind not the pocket on his arm. Crazy. But koo...kakui

Learned some japanese from Yuto's grandma. His moms brother visited (tshirt designer). Also we ate sushi with wasabi sauce (sushi was great. Wasabi uhhh not so much lol) and they had a thing that cooked food sat up on the table where we all ate around on the floor

June 29
Walk to school. Wasnt very far tho. Met prencipal i think and english and p.e. Teacher. Presentation later. Lol. NOW WEARING WABAKI lol. Oh meeting with yuto's unkle later.

School was dope. The students (expecially the girls) were nice. I felt famous. Just a taste of the good life. Eh? Lol. I went to p.e. And played basket ball. They gave me changing clothes (shoes socks shirt shorts) the shirt was an xl tho lol. The gym uniforms were dope. When we got back to class the girls had just come back from swimming.... Wet hair = niiiiice! Lol.....but too young. Anyway lunch was good. We had chicken with rice. Milk. And watermelon. After i went to play soccer with a few students. They liked my earings lol. It was fun. The dress code is slightly relaxed after (no tucked shirt. Keep shorts if you like) oh btw. I followed the dresscode and took out my earings. Oh. Next was math class i think. Borrrring...lol. I fell asleep along with some other people.......just like home lol. I got to leave early to go to yutos grandmothers house. I got a flute, we wslked to the store, and i taught her a wee bit of english. Then me, yutos little bro
and little sis played baseball at the park (note: no driving what so ever today. All walking)

The screen printing shop was super kakui. Everyone was nice and had style. I saw how to print by hand and by machine. The designs were pretty good. I got a jacket and a hat as a gift. Note to self: look for screen printing job :) back with PTP tomorrow. Then tokyo for 3 more days. Bummer that everyone wont get to see the bape store. I hope we pass a.p.c. So i can get some petit standards. Ill ask naoko....cus i need those lol

Donell Proper Signing off...

Wait.... June 30
For some reason this morning and last night i got really inspired at wrote like 6 verses....yes 6. One of them scared me. That one and another are story-ish. Ill try to write more today

Signing off foreal this time......d. Proper


Sent from my iPod

note: video Diary and pictures up later on NRK TV and facebook (later as in idk when, lol)

No comments: